I recently read a forum article by Deathknyght, http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?477101-Preparing-for-Riders-of-Rohan-End-Game.
It was quite good. The author put a lot of thought into it and knew enough about what to expect from Beta that made his knowledge valuable. For my benefit (and possibly yours), I copied the post by Deathknyght here (Preparing-for-riders-of-rohan (Danania's notes), see top header of this blog) so I could study it and make personal notes to guide me. Cheer’s to this pen-warrior for writing such a thorough take on what he sees.
At the Dana link above, my notes are in Red intermingled with his guide.
Very briefly, here are some of the highest highlights I see in his article melded with a few thoughts of my own:
Active things to do:
- Crafting: 60,000 reputation worth of scrolls required for the next guild level.
- Crafting: Use new section “processing”. Leather à shavings à Leather, etc
- Crafting: Get new recipes, look for level 80 and 85 gear recipes. Guild recipes?
- Task items: Stockpile. Rohan task board for existing items = Decorative Sword Sheaths, Punctured Shields, Speckled Ears, Marked Furs, Blotchy Skins
- Relics/Shards: Stockpile. All relic services will be cheaper after the jump so don’t meld/decon/etc yet. Make a new Relic plan (Relics-and-Virtues)
- Crafted relics: Stockpile. T9 relics are going to be crazy expensive. Get as many crafted relics prepared for shards now as possible.
- Commendations: Moors cap is 10,000. Hover around there to make new gear bartering easier. Also, comms are supposed to be easier to obtain post-Rohan.
- Warsteed bridle: Bridles take up a legendary item slot. Store will sell two additional legendary item slots to accommodate extra bridles. Bridles obtained by Tailor-craft, mob drops, and one 2nd Age bridle from the quest line. Probably make some bridles.
- Resource instances: At 84, look for daily instances in Hytbold.
- Warbands: Deed completions, and daily quests offer good rewards.
- Hytbold Dailies: Doing daily Hytbold quests opens up gear and possibilities
- 85 2nd age symbols: one 2nd age bridle from Epic, 12 person skirmishes, PvP rank 10 (for 7500 comms). Plan to do 12-person skirmishes since that is the only realistic option.
- Reset scroll: At 85, Buy a skirmish soldier reset scroll to maximize marks (Best 295 TP ever)
Passive things that will happen:
- Virtues: Cap 16.
- Warsteed: Progress the epic normally and you will get a warsteed. Three types of warsteeds available: Light, Medium, and Heavy. You can obtain bridles and build all three.
- Warsteed Cosmetics: Store and quest cosmetics are available.
- Seals and Marks: Barter for New Empowerment Scrolls to improve level 85 LIs.
- Keep gear: New level 85 gear is not necessarily better than existing 75 end-game gear. Compare everything before deleting.
- Trade in Moors gear: 10% discount on new gear for trading in old gear.
- Remote looting: Have bag space and enable “Always loot all”.
- Order of Areas: The East Wall, The Wold, Norcrofts, Entwash Vale, Eaves of Fangorn, Sutcrofts.
- Epic quest loot: Food, pots, Rare (Purple) gear, T8 relic, 85 2nd age bridle, Housing items, Horse cosmetics.
Stuff I glossed over that may peak your interest:
- Sell level 75 consumables if desired: Cracked Rhi Helvarch Sigils, Greater Scrolls of Empowerment ("GSoEs"), GSo Delving, and Star-lit Crystals not usable above level 75.
- Gold: You may want some gold for AH buying in Rohan
- Graphics engine: Graphics got cooler.
- Mac client: For those who do Macs.
- 6th bag: Yep, there is one available for sale.
- Open tapping: Warbands in Rohan are open tapping.
- PvMP: It is a-changin’. No comments at this time.
- Music: There is some.
Turbine Point List: Here is a list of things on which I will probably spend TP. I will know when I get there and see it.
- Skirmish soldier reset scroll @ level 85 = 295 TP
- Two additional legendary item slots for bridles = 295 TP each
- Mebbe some warsteed cosmetics and cosmetic slots (because I like options even though I can barely match clothes on myself)